Wednesday, January 24, 2007

2nd Post

So, my second post at Four Wheel Blog...well, I guess I should start, naturally, with the car I presently drive! I have an S-reg (or '98 model year if you're not from the UK) Saab 9-5 2.0 SE Ecopower. It has 150 bhp, and is quite well equipped, with air conditioning, electric windows all round, cruise control, cd player, remote central locking...and most other goodies you can think of. I bought the car at the beginning of 2006, wanting to bring a bit of prestige into my somewhat mediocre being. And the way it made me feel...a lot of my friends made comments such as "Wow you've done well for yourself!!!!" and "That's well smart, that", followed by "Flippin 'eck, he's got a Saab!!!" So yes, does a lot for one's image (hint hint :-D) However....a year on, and I'm no longer in love with it. It's costing me an arm and a leg, wait, make that a liver, a kidney, might wanna throw some bowels in there too (and I hear hearts are going for a few bob on eBay now) just to maintain it. The price of exclusivity? Very high indeed.

No comments: