Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Saab SIDs - more like SODs...

One of the main annoyances I have with my 9-5 are the damned SID displays. Now these beggars, are the screens that display your fuel consumption, cd track etc. And though Saab are known for being very innovative, their SIDs fail WAY too often!!!!! You'll find that most 9-5 owners will say the same thing. There are guides for £3 or so on eBay telling you how to fix it. And if you want, you can also send it off to a repairer who can do the job for you, if you want to part with £80 of your hard earned cash. Through eBay again, like everything. Behind Door No. 3: Buy a new/refurbished/'nicked' one for £120-£150. OR.....you can just find a free guide like I did on the net :-D There's no beating free, that's what I say. You're interested now aren't you......do read on :-D

Before you click on the below link, please remember one thing: This is not MY guide. I have tried this, and with very rudimentary tools, I was able to make SOME of the pixels re-appear (which i was chuffed with :-D). So I WON'T take any responsiblity for any damage resulting from following the guide. That just isn't fair. Or right. Sure you understand :-D Ok, now that's out the way....

http://www.thesaabsite.com/93/Saab-Sidrepairs.htm

Enjoy :-D Be free, jungle friends!!!!

No comments: