Friday, February 16, 2007

I'm in Love....

So just got back from Marbella, and I've decided that the next car for me must be a Mercedes A-Class. Now, we had one for just a week in Spain, but it left such an impression on me, that I'm convinced I must have one! The quality of the car was absolutely superb, and I feel it's a real tribute to the craftsmanship and sheer brilliance of the Mercedes engineers. The model we had was an A150 Avantgarde 5 dr, which easily took 3 guys and 3 suitcases, without impacting performance too much. It had the usual comfort features, like electric windows (front only), air conditioning, CD player, and a fantastic interior. You really can feel the quality when you sit indeed it, it has that 'thing' that makes it superior to, say, an Astra or a Focus. This is a car you can feel smug in, it gives an incredible 'feel-good' factor that I'm sure only drivers of much more expensive cars experience.

One of the best things for me about the car was the fantastic audio system. Not sure who it was by (if anyone can tell me I'd be grateful), but it was awesome. We had drum'n'bass along with R'n'B mostly, and some jazz, and the rich bass lines were really emphasized through the speakers very well, and the treble complemented it all superbly. Final point about the car: The economy - of course it's only endowed with a 1500cc engine, so it's not expected to drink vast amounts of fuel, but after a week of fairly hard travelling across the Costa Del Sol (taking in Estepona, several wrong turnings on the AP-7 toll road and the mountain roads to Coin and Malaga) it was remarkable that it had just under a quarter of a tank left when it came to handing the keys back to the car rental agency. And this from a full tank! So yes, I was very impressed with the little Mercedes, it's definitely got a new fan in me.

No comments: